RGLA had the honor to work with SSA Group and U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum team to design the Museum Shop within the new U.S. Olympic ad Paralympic Museum in Colorado Springs.
As a natural extension of the Museum, the shop extends the exhibit experience into a shopping environment where visitors can reflect on their museum visit as their last memorable stop, and take a piece of the Olympics & Paralympics home.
The shop design takes cues from the museum’s faceted exhibit design for a seamless journey continuing the aesthetics, excitement and visitor’s emotional connection to the games and their favorite athletes. Some of the key features of the retail design include:
- Universal accessibility – both entries into the store feature a pathway ramp design, as used throughout the museum, to invite customers of all abilities to experience the museum shop equally and through inclusive design
- Captivating visual merchandising stories of determination, achievement and unity at the storefront windows entice museum guests to experience the shop
- Immersive large format LED displays wrap portions of the ceiling adding energy while emotionally connecting with the games, athletes and their compelling stories
- RFID technology personalize the shopping experience
- Running mannequins welcome guests into the shop as they enter the shop from the last exhibit adding a dynamic shopping experience
- A try-on mirror provides a virtual fitting room experience
- Endless Aisle digital displays give customers access to the full breadth of online and in-store inventory
- Interactive displays with social media integration continue the excitement and entertainment factor of the museum exhibits at retail
- Buy online / Pick up in store service allows visitors to purchase from the museum’s website and pick up in store
As part of our engagement we also provided interior design services and Brand ID design for the Museum café, Flame.